The Directorate General of Climate Change Control (DJPPI) of the Ministry of Environment and Forestry (MEF) of the Republic of Indonesia possesses several forest monitoring system technologies that have been or will be built, to carry out various programs and activities of the directorate general, related to climate change control and forest & land fire management.
DJPPI Forest Monitoring System:
- Vulnerability Index Data Information System (SIDIK) is a web-based data and information system regarding the level of vulnerability of an area to the impacts of climate change. This system is generally used to monitor the effectiveness of the influence of development policies on changes in the level of vulnerability of a region.
- The National GHG Inventory System, Simple, Easy, Accurate, Concise, Transparent (SIGN SMART) is a web-based information system that provides information on the status, levels and trends of emissions at the national level. This system is also used as the basis for official reports to Ministers, and at the international level, such as the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) secretariat and has been published in the National Communication and Biennial Update Report.
- The REDD + Safeguard Information System (SIS-REDD +) is a web-based system used to collect, process, analyze, and present data and information on the implementation needs of the seven safeguards listed in Annex I Paragraph 2 of Decree No. 1 COP-16.
- The Forest and Ground Fire Monitoring System and Links to Other Related Systems in Various Ministries/Institutions/Organizations and the Ministry of Environment and Forestry (SIPONGI – KMS) is a management information for early warning and detection of forest and ground fires which includes Fire Danger Rating Analysis, Hotspot Detection Analysis, Wind and Smoke Trajectory Analysis, and Public Grievances.
In addition, DJPPI is also in the process of developing several technologies and other systems to complement and support existing monitoring systems, such as:
- The DJPPI Official Website which contains the Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV) system for mitigation, including REDD+ and the Registration System for mitigation actions and funding
- Integrated Climate and Forest and Ground Fire Management System (ICKMS) which includes the REDD+ Actions Performance Index (RAPI), Mitigation Actions Performance Index (MAPI), and Monitoring System Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDC).